I’m a mom, wife, and Fantasy Football sore loser. Liftopia, Fitbit, NatureBox and Gigaom alum. Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and former journalist. Firm believer that tomatoes go in the fridge, and stone fruit goes on the counter.
I’m always eager to meet other marketers, writers, and entrepreneurs. If you’d like to work together by having me join your podcast, co-host a webinar, or write a guest article for you, feel free to DM me.
Here are some topics I enjoy discussing:
- Content marketing. Any and everything about content. When your business needs content marketing, what skills to look for in a content marketer, how there’s more to content marketing than SEO.
- Building online communities. Creating communities from soup to nuts, and leveraging them as content and product marketing channels.
- Product advisory board. Online communities are the new advisory boards. Why your business/marketing team needs a PAB, and why you need one for your own professional development.
- PR is more substantive than you give it credit for. Not every business needs to prioritize PR, but when you do, you need to do it right. Good PR means owning your press narrative.
- Email and audience segmentation. Digging deep into understanding your audience and doing your email program right.
- Team management. How you manage up and down, how to bring out the best in your team.
- Career advice. Pivoting into new jobs or industries. Positioning your experience as your superpower for the job you want next.
- Miscellaneous: My past lives as a journalist, cook, and marketer. Cooking advice. ESPP programs. Life in San Francisco. My 33-hour labor. Why I thought my brother’s best friend was a robot.
Latest Writing & Speaking Slots
- The Tim Stodz Podcast: I joined Tim Stoddart to talk about life in the Silicon Valley tech bubble, writing advice (for myself and for others), and what it’s like to work at Growth Machine.
- 6 Red Flags to Look for When Hiring a Marketing Agency: I write weekly for the Growth Machine blog, and this is my favorite article. It’s everything I wish someone told me in my 8 years as an in-house marketer. It’s all my agency-hiring secrets.
- How To Get Executive Buy-in for Content Marketing: This is my second-favorite article for Growth Machine. These are all the reasons to have a content marketing program that go beyond SEO.
Drop in your info, and I’ll send you a weekly email that includes:
- My latest post (if I have just published)
- 1-3 other things, like a recent key learning
- An easy recipe or meal idea that doesn’t require precision