I just signed on as Head of Content for ShipBob, the tech-enabled 3PL company.
My marketing experience spans about eight years across DTC, B2B, and B2C. I’ve worked at a food startup, a tech company, and a ski company, but the through line is a focus on overall wellness.
Recent Speaking Slots & Published Writing
- Growth Marketing Today: I joined Ramli John’s podcast to talk about content marketing strategy and how Growth Machine’s email open rate is as high as 40%.
- Compound Writing: I led a brainstorm session on content distribution for Stew Fortier’s writing community. It’s a casual conversation with a bunch of really talented writers, and I talk about creating on LinkedIn, repurposing content as a means of distribution, and sharing in online communities.
- The Tim Stodz Podcast: I joined Tim Stoddart to talk about life in the Silicon Valley tech bubble, writing advice (for myself and for others), and what it’s like to work at Growth Machine.
- 6 Red Flags to Look for When Hiring a Marketing Agency: I write regularly for the Growth Machine blog, and this is my favorite article. It’s everything I wish someone told me in my 8 years as an in-house marketer. It’s all my agency-hiring secrets.
I’m always eager to meet other marketers, writers, and entrepreneurs. If you’d like to work together by having me join your podcast, co-host a webinar, or write a guest article for you, feel free to DM me.
Here are several topics I enjoy discussing:
- Content marketing. Any and everything about content. When your business needs content marketing, what skills to look for in a content marketer, how there’s more to content marketing than SEO.
- Building online communities. Creating communities from soup to nuts, and leveraging them as content and product marketing channels.
- Product advisory board. Online communities are the new advisory boards. Why your business/marketing team needs a PAB, and why you need one for your own professional development.
- PR is more substantive than you give it credit for. Not every business needs to prioritize PR, but when you do, you need to do it right. Good PR means owning your press narrative.
- Email and audience segmentation. Digging deep into understanding your audience and doing your email program right.
- Team management. How you manage up and down, how to bring out the best in your team.
- Career advice. Pivoting into new jobs or industries. Positioning your experience as your superpower for the job you want next.
- Miscellaneous: My past lives as a journalist, cook, and corporate marketer. Cooking advice. ESPP programs. Life in San Francisco. My 33-hour labor. Why I thought my brother’s best friend was a robot.