I’m the VP of Marketing at audience research startup, SparkToro.
My professional career started in journalism. I was the editorial producer for tech news sites paidContent.org and Gigaom. Along the way, I realized a passion for food and enrolled at Le Cordon Bleu. Then I worked at the Los Angeles Times’ test kitchen.
More info and bio can be found in my media kit.
The Wire, I May Destroy You, The Sopranos, Fleabag, Lost (S4E5: The Constant), The Office, Scrubs, 30 Rock, Broad City, Arrested Development, The League, Adventure Time, Strangers With Candy, The Bear.
Before Sunrise & Before Sunset, Good Will Hunting, Coco, Fight Club, Kill Bill, Superbad, Spirited Away, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, Time, Out of Sight, Mad Max: Fury Road, Charade, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Everything Everywhere All At Once.
- Educated by Tara Westover
- The Choice by Edith Eva Eger
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- Home Remedies by Xuan Juliana Wang
- The Neapolitan Quartet by Elena Ferrante
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg
- Sideways Stories From Wayside School by Louis Sachar
Currently on loop:
- Every Second by Mina Okabe
- Probably Up by Lawrence
- So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings by Caroline Polachek
Guest Appearances & Writing
- Everything Is Marketing: In this conversation with Corey Haines, we geeked out on product-led content and the notion of permissionless co-marketing.
- Creative Elements: Jay Clouse and I discussed creating and audience building, and what I plan to do as a result of growing my social media follower base.
- The Danny Miranda Podcast: Bless Danny’s heart… he very empathetically and curiously asked me about my 33-hour labor. We also chatted about content marketing, but this was a fun and unexpected detour into my personal life.
- Beyond Influencers: How to Maximize Your Reach and Brand Loyalty: If you look at your fans, followers and customers as influencers, you can think of ways to market with them, not to them.
- Who Influences the Influencers? In my first guest contributor article for Adweek, I proposed a new way to approach influencer marketing.
- 6 Red Flags to Look for When Hiring a Marketing Agency: This is my favorite article I wrote on the Growth Machine Blog. It’s everything I wish someone told me in my 8 years as an in-house marketer. It’s all my agency-hiring secrets.
I hear of interesting opportunities all the time. From speaking slots to job opportunities, and networking conversations to co-creating opportunities. Mostly in marketing.
If you want to be on my list of top-of-mind people for these opportunities, fill out my Airtable form.