- No, You Don’t Need a Famous Guest Speaker
Don’t be blinded be bright household names, or go around scrounging for a speaker fee you can’t afford. You won’t see the ROI.
- How I Transferred Out of Community College
The university application system was designed to keep you out. Community colleges were created to get you in.
- A Marketing Rant on Copywriting
These are my notes from Ramli John’s Marketing Rant Show. Over the next few days, I’ll make edits to make this more cohesive and uh… […]
- My Mother’s Day Message to You
Here’s a short story about the birth of my son, suggestions for how you can help a mom, and my message to you even though I’m not your mom.
- Your April Fools’ Day Prank Sucks
I harbor a special kind of hate for April Fools’ Day. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized it’s because pranks erode people’s trust.
- Asian Hate Was Always Here
My personal reflection as a Filipino American living in the U.S.
- Beyond SEO: Rethink Your Content Marketing Strategy
SEO is a long-term play. So in the meantime, use content to power the rest of your marketing team and grow your business.
- Sleep Train Your Baby and Reclaim Your Life
This is the story of why and how I sleep trained my baby at six weeks old.
- Maybe You Should Scrub Your Floors With Your Hands
Yesterday, I grabbed two kitchen sponges, filled a metal bowl with vinegar and water, and scrubbed the entire downstairs with my hands.
- A Podcaster’s Guide to Guest Preparation
I’ve been hosting the Growth Machine Marketing Podcast for almost four months now. I’ve interviewed top content creators…
- My Grandpa Would Have Been 103 Today
My grandpa, Tirso de Leon, would have turned 103 today. He died in the Philippines in 2007 from natural causes.
- How to Move During a Pandemic
Everything you need to know to move during a global pandemic.
- Love Where You Live
You need to love where you live. And you need to define what that love is to you.
- In a Pandemic, There Is No Room for Resentment
It used to be that when I’d hear the soft beep of my husband’s PlayStation, I’d involuntarily let out an “ugh.”
- How to Prepare for Pregnancy
Everything you need to do before getting pregnant — and they’re mostly things no one has told you.